Thursday 2 March 2017

An Interview with Duncan Paui'aua.

Earlier this week I had a chat with Duncan Paui'aua. He had a hand in creating the match winning try, over the weekend!

Thanks Duncan, for giving me a bit of your time!
That’s ok. Pleasure.
How was it, becoming a professional sportsman almost straight out of school?
Ah. It’s a great feeling, you grow up trying to do it, that’s always been my dream tryin’ to become a professional rugby player. So to get that straight out of school that was a pretty big accomplishment.
What is your club?
I play for North Eagles.
You can play around the field, what does your preferred position involve?

I play multiple positions, I can play 10, 12 and 15. I think I feel most comfortable when I am playing at 12, which is inside centre. It allows me to use my ball playing skills and also gives me a chance to run the ball as well.

What is the hardest part about maintaining fitness over the Super Rugby Season?

Ah. Probably for me, eating, eating well. I guess in pre-season the load is very big you can tend to eat what you want but when the load goes down during the season, you tend to put on a bit of weight. Back down what you are eating.

What is the biggest highlight in your sporting career so far?

The biggest highlight. Ah… 

Probably just what happened on the weekend. Just the line break I made and setting up the match winning try. Hopefully one of many more highlights of my career.
Can you tell us something about you that no one else may know?

I am one of 11, and my three younger sisters are triplets. I think nobody knows that.
What is some advice you could give to aspiring players, both boys and girls?
Ah. I guess in any aspect in life, I think whether it be sport or anything else, if you put your mind to it and you really want something, I guess you just go and get it.

Thanks Duncan for your time.

Thanks mate.

Rugby Rule f
or the Week #2


This weeks rule is for all you Americans, or for the AFL supporters that want to get in on the greatest game in the world.


The Knock On....

Rugby Union (along with League) is unique from other footy codes in that you have to run forward to gain ground towards the end line. Passes can only be made backwards. "Forward passes" are not allowed. If the ball touches a players arm or hand and it goes forward, the referee calls "knock-on", and the other team gets possession for a "scrum". What's a scrum I hear you say? See you next week.

No comments:

Post a Comment