Thursday 4 April 2019

Heart to Heart with Hana


A Conversation with Queensland (and Wallaroos) Prop Hana Ngaha

To close followers of women’s rugby, Hana Ngaha doesn’t need an introduction. A bedrock of the Wallaroos since 2017, Hana has also helped lead the Queensland women’s side to prominence in recent years.

It’s a big week for her State’s team. Fresh off a play-off win against the Brumbies (where she scored a great try!) she and the team are looking forward to playing in the Super W final against New South Wales this Sunday!

Hana talked about where she feels the team is at in the middle of finals week and what her number one personal goal is for the future (hint: it’s got nothing to do with rugby.)

Hey Hana, thanks for taking the time to catch up. Big week for you guys for sure!

No worries!

What’s been the attitude amongst the team, leading up to the final?

Everyone’s been really positive hey. We’ve got a good team culture at the moment… through out the whole campaign actually. Everyone’s real positive and I think that’s really important.

Are you planning to score a try this week, like you did last week?

I think that’s the plan every week. Hopefully, I’ll see what I can do aye! (Laughs)

It was amazing seeing six women score six tries last week down at Ballymore. Congrats on the win by the way.

Thanks!

But looking forward… What do you think it’s going to take to beat New South Wales in Sydney this weekend?

I think it’ll be important for our forwards to be on our top game. They’ve got some really fit, experienced forwards. But I think we’ve got it in our team, obviously with our passion and with our skill set and our attitude. I know we’ve got it this weekend. 

You’ve performed at a high level, having played for the Queensland and the Wallaroo’s for several years now. What are your personal goals looking forward?

I think I’m coming towards the end of my rugby career. I’ve got a couple of kids at home that have just started playing competitive rugby and my daughter’s started playing netball, so I’d love to support them. Over the years, I’ve supported them, but I’d love to support them 100% and go back and hopefully make them good! (Laughs)

What advice do you have for young rugby players, both boys and girls?

I think it’s gotta be: “Hard work beats talent, when talent doesn’t work hard”. It’s so cliche, but it’s so true.

Awesome. Thanks again for taking time to chat. All the best this weekend! See you in Sydney.

That’s awesome! Thanks for your support.


No comments:

Post a Comment