Thursday 2 June 2022

It's Finals Footy Time!!! Reds to Face Crusaders in Christchurch

I couldn’t be more excited... It’s Super Rugby finals season and the Reds are playing this Friday!!! At 5:05pm (our time) we play the Crusaders once again and even though the New Zealanders are the second ranked team on the table, I strongly believe an upset is possible. If you think I’m a biased fan, then consider that the Reds won the second half of last weeks game against the same team, in their final regular season game.

They’ve been camped out in Christchurch, New Zealand for the whole week preparing and if I know anything about the team, I know they fully intend on playing to win, no matter who they’re playing against. As the Reds coach Brad Thorne often says, if they leave it all on the field, he will be happy; and if things click like we’ve seen in the past, a win is definitely possible.

I haven’t managed to catch up with anyone on the team this week, so I thought I’d put together a list of past interview links, so you can learn more about this weeks squad.

To the Reds, all the best! I believe in the current squad. Let’s make this a night to remember.


Get to know some of this weekends squad by clicking on past interviews:


Jordan Petaia

I’m expecting Jordan to be one of the stand-outs this week. The Crusaders will be focused on trying to shut him and the wingers down, but I’m expecting dazzling plays that we’ve seen from him in the past. Look out for “Air Jordan” and Suli Vunivalu whenever the ball is airborne.


Check out my 2018 interview and my 2021 chat with him.


Tate McDermitt


A stellar half-back and leader of the team, Tate is still one of the Reds shining stars. He’s a fan favourite for a reason. I love his passion and drive to see results. Expect to see him leave it all on the field tomorrow night.

I caught up with him at the start of this season while he was in covid isolation. Check out my 2018 interview here as well.


Lawson Creighton

Lawson had big shoes to fill when James O’Connor was injured. I think he’s risen to the task, while playing with his own unique style. 


Check out my 2018 interview with him, when he was a Brothers star, on his way to becoming a Red.


Jock Campbell


I have a lot of love for the way this guy plays. Recently, he’s had a number of tries to show for his effort. With great support from the wingers this week, anythings possible.


You can read our great 2019 conversation here.


Harry Wilson


I’ve loved watching this mans rise in rugby and I believe he’s only getting better and better. He’ll be a force for the mighty Crusaders to reckon with tomorrow, for certain.


I’ve caught up with Harry a few times - here at Brothers Rugby Club and here at Ballymore.

Feao Fotuaika


With Taniela Tupou injured, Feao has risen mightily to the task. The forward pack left their mark on the field in Christchurch last week and I think they’ll do even better and will have gotten even more used to the New Zealand conditions, this weekend.


Catch my 2019 interview with him during his rookie season.


Seru Uru


I loved catching up with Seru just a few short weeks ago. His journey from Fiji to Reds star is inspiring. Click here to enjoy our great chat.


The Reds kick off against the Crusaders this Friday (2nd June) at 5:05pm.

No comments:

Post a Comment